WOCA Exterior Oil Colors
Easy Application – Beautiful Oil Finish in just 3 steps
Prepare Your Wood Surface: It is important to clean the wood surface of any mold, mildew and dirt before applying a oil finish. The wood surface must then be completely dry before the deck oil application. The quality of your deck oil finish could be impacted if you do not properly prepare the wood surface.Clean the wood using WOCA Exterior Cleaner
- Soak the wood with water. Use a garden hose if possible.
- Mix Exterior Cleaner with water in the ratio 1:2.
- Apply the exterior cleaner with a nylon brush or spray. *For extremely dirty surfaces, WOCA Exterior Cleaner can be used undiluted.
- Scrub the soaked wood along the grain until it appears clean.
- Repeat the cleaning if necessary.
- Rinse the surface thoroughly with water immediately after cleaning.
- Leave the wood to dry for at least 24 hours. The humidity of the wood should not be above 17%.
- Sand down any rough wood fibers with sandpaper, grit 120.
WOCA Deck Oil must be applied in dry weather only. The minimum temperature should be 55.4°F. Avoid applying in direct sunlight and high temperatures, as this may cause the oil to dry to quickly during application. For fast even application, try our oil applicator.
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
- Apply an even and thin coat of oil using a brush or using the WOCA Oil Applicator. Treat the end grain wood first. The wet oil may have a white shade. When the water has evaporated after a few minutes, the wood will appear oiled.
- Wipe off any excess oil with clean cotton cloths after no more than 5 minutes. Take particular care of removing excess oil from joints and grooves.
- If the surface does not appear saturated with oil, repeat steps 2 and 3.
- When the wood is dry, it may be polished with a polishing pad or polishing machine to ensure an extra hard-wearing surface.
- It takes 24 to 48 hours for the oil to harden thoroughly, depending on weather conditions and outdoor temperature. During this hardening period, the wood must not be exposed to water.
Cleanup & Disposal: Wash rollers, brushes, and equipment, with water. Be sure to let air dry out of direct sunlight before disposal. Dispose of empty containers or unused oil finish in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. Always keep the oil container closed when not in use. Soak application rags, cloths, or any other materials in water immediately after use and disposed of in a tightly closed container to prevent spontaneous combustion.
Risk of self-ignition! Due to the risk of self-ignition it is important that sanding dust and oil wetted cloths are soaked in water and disposed of in a tightly closed container after use. Dispose the container in accordance to local regulations.
Deck surfaces can be cleaned using WOCA Exterior Cleaner to remove any green growth or dirt. WOCA Exterior Cleaner will not harm surrounding vegetation. Reapply WOCA Exterior Oil as needed. The wood is easily maintained and is spot repairable if scratched. No sanding or stripping is necessary between coats.
Order a sample
What do we mean when we say that WOCA products are VOC free?
First let’s look into what a Volatile Organic Compound is. A VOC is a chemical that under ordinary room-temperature conditions will evaporate very easily into the surrounding air. Although the chemical is “organic” it is still harmful. Symptoms from VOC are slow to develop mainly because the chemical is inhaled over a long period of time. VOCs occur naturally in the environment but in very small amounts. It is a primary way of communication between plants. Using a WOCA product that is VOC free means that you can apply the oils to your floor and inside your house without the long-term effects of inhaling and risking your health. WOCA products are safest to use. Why would you want to use anything else and risk your family?
What are VOC’s?
VOC is short for Volatile Organic Compounds. Knowing what type of chemicals are used inside of your home and around your family is important. Our products are the safest in their field and are also the strongest system of wood care finishing and maintenance products. They pass all European regulations which are stricter than US regulations.
About WOCA Deck Oil
WOCA Deck Oil has the largest selection of top quality WOCA Exterior products. WOCA products are environmentally friendly. They are 100% VOC Free. Our plant based non-toxic wood care products will provide your deck with a professional grade oil finish in just one coat! Given that outdoor surfaces are subject to the harsh elements, it is important to keep them protected. Ensuring that your outdoor deck or furniture will remain strong. With this in mind, WOCA products were developed to protect, preserve and enhance the beauty of exterior wood. When WOCA Exterior Oil Finish is applied, it penetrates into the wood. As a result wood becomes stronger from the inside out. In other words, your deck will provide you with enjoyment all year long.
For deck cleaning and other outdoor surface protection, check out our easy to use maintenance products. With the right products and maintenance, all of your outdoor wood will be beautiful for years to come.