WOCA Exterior Oil Details
WOCA Exterior Oil penetrates deep into the wood in just one coat! Once applied, it then hardens inside the wood to strengthen and protect the wood from the harsh outdoor elements. WOCA Exterior Oil is ECO-Friendly, 100% VOC Free, and non-polluting. WOCA Exterior Oilis for use on new or previously oiled outdoor wood. It is ideal for use on decks, garden furniture, siding etc.
Exterior Oil may be used on traditional wood species such as pine and larch. It can also be used on exotic species such as teak, mahogany, and ipé. Exterior Oil Natural is recommended to enhance the natural color structure of the wood. For rejuvenating of old wood surfaces, the pigmented oils are ideal as they recreate the original color of the wood. If you would like to change the color of the deck, you can apply one of the available colors, such as grey, anthracite or black oil. The special water-based composition of oil components ensures that the product is water-dilutable and friendly to the environment.
WOCA Exterior Oil ensures a strong water and dirt repellent surface and protects against mold fungus. The oil enhances the natural color and grain of wood. Exterior Oil is available in Natural as well as a number of exciting colors. All varieties have UV protection.
How to Apply WOCA Exterior Oil with Oil Applicator
- Clean wood surface with WOCA Exterior Cleaner before starting the oil treatment.
- Leave the wood to dry for at least 24 hours. Humidity should not be above 17%. Sand down any rough wood fibers with 120 grit sandpaper.
- Apply WOCA Exterior Oil in dry weather only. Temperature should not be below 55.4°F. Avoid direct sunlight and high temperatures.
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
- Apply an even and thin coat of oil using an oil applicator or with a brush. Treat the end grain wood first. The wet oil may have a white shade. When the water has evaporated after a few minutes, the wood will appear oiled.
- Wipe off any excess oil with clean cotton cloths after no more than 5 minutes. Take particular care of removing excess oil from joints and grooves.
- If the surface does not appear saturated with oil, repeat steps 5 and 6.
- When the wood is dry, it may be polished with a polishing pad or polishing machine to ensure an extra hard-wearing surface.
- It takes 24 to 48 hours for the oil to harden thoroughly, depending on weather conditions and outdoor temperature. Do not expose wood to water during this period.
Attention (for furniture): We recommend a finishing coat of Exterior Oil natural when using Exterior Oil in black, anthracite, and walnut colors to avoid excess color coming off.
Maintaining and cleaning
Repeat the oil treatment when required. Start cleaning the surface with WOCA Exterior Cleaner. Then follow the steps under basic treatment.